Human Resources Generalist
Beaverton, OR 97008
Human Resources Generalist $26 - $28
Shift would be Monday – Friday 8 am – 4:30 pm with half hour lunch.
- At least 3 years, of Human resource generalist experience
- Minimum 1 year of safety and compliance experience.
- Experience in a manufacturing and/or production environment (preferred)
- Experience with fundamental office applications & equipment (e.g. PC’s, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Basic Math Skills
- English proficient (read, speak, and write), Spanish would be helpful
- Must be organized
- Must be detail-oriented
The Human Resources Coordinator position performs the following operations:
- Administer benefits for new hires, open enrollment, and benefit changes
- Develop & oversee the maintenance of training records and binders, present orientation training
- Perform scheduling duties - Interviews, performance reviews, disciplinary meetings, training, etc.
- Monitor, respond and communicate governmental requirements
- Maintain and distribute employee handbook and addendums
- Monitor OSHA requirements & OSHA recordkeeping requirements
- Perform recruiting functions
- Initiate hiring/onboarding process with management's direction
- Conduct & maintain personnel assessments, prepare materials, assist with performance reviews
- Assist with terminations, exit interviews, and prepare & monitor termination documentation
- Ensure proper completion of employee documentation, file correctly & keep information confidential
- Handle leave of absence requests and documentation
- Provide guidance and resources to management in HR related matters
- Lead and assist with the development and implementation of training
- Update/create job descriptions as needed
- Liaison with staffing agencies, scheduling temporary employees, and updating weekly temporary labor spreadsheet
- Audit HR desk files to ensure compliance
- Maintain membership on safety committee
- Investigate accidents, incidents, and injuries
- Process and manage workers' compensation claims with SAIF
- Understand & complete paperwork as assigned
- Understand & follow quality policies & procedures
- Understand & follow safety rules
- Ability to complete other tasks that may be assigned
- a) Education - Minimum Level 5: Associate degree. Must have had an emphasis on HR in education.
- b) Experience - Minimum Level 3: Knowledgeable experience of jobs or duties assigned and requires minimal supervision. Previous Human Resource experience required (2+ years). Experience and training in areas
of safety and compliance (1+ years).
- c) Training - Minimum Level 3: Between 1 - 3 years training in the job tasks required or transferable skills
Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and outlook.
- a) Versatility - Level 2: Can perform multiple tasks within one department
- b) Ability - Minimum Level 3: Has skills or transferable skills of jobs or duties assigned and requires minimal
- c) Precision - Level 2: Needs minimal supervision and work is double checked for accuracy
- d) Efficiency - Level 4: Mostly efficient with time and/or material usage in executing a process. Individual needs
minimal supervision to keep on task
- Physical Requirements - Range: Level 1: No physical requirement needed to Level 2: Limited physical capabilities
some physical requirements, but it may not be all and not all the time. Must be able to sit for long periods of time. Occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms/hands, stoop, kneel or crouch during shift. Must be able to talk, hear and have good vision.
- b) Critical Thinking - Level 3: Task requires moderate mental exertion with supervisor/management guidance
- c) Complexity of the Process - Range: Level 1: Simple task to Level 3: Complex task
- a) Accountability - Level 3: Requires minimal supervision
- b) Overseeing Others - Level 2: Oversees others for a short period of time or a project
- c) Decision-Making Discretion - Level 3: Some decision-making discretion allowed for low-medium risk decisions
Working Conditions -
- a) Physical Environment - Range: Level 1: No exposure to extremes to Level 2: Minimal exposures to extremes such as long work hours, dust, noise, hot/cold, & wet/dry
- b) Potential Hazards - Range: Level 1: No hazards in the work environment to Level 2: Minimal hazards in the work
- c) Risk of Injury - Range: Level 1: No risk of injury to Level 2: Minimal risk of injury
Other Requirements -
- a) Must be able to read, write, & understand English
- b) Ability to read, write & speak Spanish preferred.