This position is responsible for maintaining all shipping, receiving, stock inventory, repairing and testing. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Receives product, this includes conducting physical inspections, testing, labeling and NCR generation as needed.
- Records product in Receiving Log.
- Ships all products.
- Performs processing procedures including end of day.
- Properly labels and secures orders.
- Enters orders into UPS and FedEx system.
- Checks UPS Quantum View and Flex Global View daily.
- Calls UPS and FedEx to arrange holiday pickup schedules.
- Opens warehouse bay doors, turn on lights and heaters/fans as needed in the morning.
- Locks all warehouse doors, turns off heaters/fans, and all lights at end of day.
- Breaks down boxes daily after end of day reports.
- Maintains and cleans warehouse and testing areas.
- Notifies Warehouse Supervisor and administration of low product and issues with any products.
- Conducts inventory counts and provides to administration on a weekly basis.
- Maintains proper amount of boxes, packing lists, bubble wrap and paper for shipping.
- Orders shipping materials as needed and notifies administration of orders.
- Receives customer returned products following the Online Material Receipt for Contact Report or RMA.
- Repairs/test products returned on RMA and completes Investigation section.
- Makes/tests/labels cables and adapters according to Knowledge Tree (KT) procedures.
- Maintains label files and generates labels as needed for the various labeling projects.
- Labels products as necessary.
- Completes and maintains necessary paperwork and logs.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Ability: Have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Write simple correspondence and procedures. Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Math Ability: Have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Have the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Have the ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software; spreadsheet software and shipping software.
- Must be committed to working in a safe manner at all times
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Must pass a pre-employemnt criminal background check