ICU Registered Nurse
Staffing Partners continues to be honored as one of Oregon’s Top 100 Companies - a recognition of the firm's dedication as an outstanding employment resource for health care professionals and our client facilities. Our firm is family owned and treats employees as family. Come work for a company where you are known on a first name basis, not as just another employee! As a locally operated medical staffing and recruiting firm, based right here in Portland, Oregon, we know our community and its needs. Our company specializes in staffing hospitals, surgery centers, skilled nursing and long term care facilities.
If you are a skilled, caring, and compassionate ICU RN seeking permanent, traveling, or per-diem assignment we have a selection of excellent placements for you. All of our openings are in Oregon or southern Washington; most are in the Portland Metro. area but we also have exciting opportunities from the coast to Hood River and south to the Springfield/Eugene area. We only hire the best of the best. All of our staff adhere to the highest standards of medical care. We expect our staff to be flexible in their professional practices to be able to adhere to each client facility’s policies, procedures or protocols. We also expect strict compliance with all HIPAA regulations involving confidentiality in matters related to patient, family and client facility staff. Our staff provide care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that is sensitive to every patient and family’s diversity, preserving their autonomy, dignity and rights.
ICU Nurse duties:
- Patient demographics: adult to geriatric
- Facility: Long term stay acute care hospital
- Specialized competences: Ventilators, ventilator weaning, and tracheostomy care
- Conducts an individualized patient assessment prioritizing patient care based on immediate condition or needs and conducts ongoing reassessments as determined by the patient’s condition change and reprioritizes care accordingly.
- Develops plan of care that is individualized for each patient reflecting collaboration with other members of the healthcare team.
- Actively participates in daily care review during Grand Rounds.
- Performs medication administration as ordered by physician.
- Performs appropriate treatments as ordered by physician in an accurate and timely manner.
- Performs therapeutic nursing interventions as established by individualized plan of care for the patient and his/her family.
- Provides medical care education plan customized to the patient and his/her family.
- Documents patient assessment findings, physical/psychosocial responses to nursing interventions and progress towards medical issue resolution.
- Initiates emergency resuscitation measures according to protocols. Works as an ACLS team member to any code situation on unit, adult resuscitation and advanced life support
- Actively involve self in inter-disciplinary medical team.
- Works as a team member supporting nurse and CNA colleagues for continuous quality patient care.
- Maintains current competency in adult critical care nursing.
- Must be committed to working in a safe manner at all times
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Must pass a pre-employemnt criminal background check
If interested, please respond through this ad. Or feel free to call us directly at 503-626-2068. Thank you! We hope to see you soon.