Property Manager (Lake Oswego)
Lake Oswego, OR
Property Management Firm seeking an experienced Property Manager for their Lake Oswego, OR location. This is a full time position paying $60k/Yr. + benefits after a probationary period. The ideal candidate will be organized, results oriented, and have previous experience in a property management role.
The Property Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of an assigned property. The Property Manager will maximize the property's net operating income and otherwise facilitate optimum performance of the property, which includes effectively managing personnel, leasing, collections, resident services, maintenance, risk management, expense control, revenue enhancement, capital improvements, information reporting, and compliance with applicable laws and company policies.
• Interviews, hires, trains, and supervises property staff.
• Plans and prepares associate work schedules, assigns tasks and delegates work, monitors job progress and work flow, reviews work for timeliness and accuracy, and appraises work performance.
• Implements Associate performance actions, such as raises, promotions, discipline, terminations, etc.
• Resolves Associate disputes, promotes Associate retention, and controls Associate turnover.
• Approves all prospective resident applications, discounts and renewal leases, and signs all leases.
• Responsible for collecting, approving, and submitting leasing and other bonuses timely and accurately.
• Maintains budgeted occupancy levels, budgeted rental rates, and other property goals.
• Prepares, executes, and monitors operating budget, ensures expense control, and maintains effective rental collections.
• Prepares, analyzes, and evaluates property status reports, such as financial statements and variance and occupancy reports.
• Accurately prepares and submits property invoices and payroll information in accordance with established guidelines.
• Maintains knowledge of market conditions and develops and implements resident retention, marketing, and advertising programs.
• Manages resident issues such as neighbor disputes, renewal terms, and maintenance repairs.
• Manages vendor selection and vendor relations, so as to ensure quality performance.
• Manages petty cash.
• Maintains organized file system for resident information and personnel records.
• Performs property inspections, so as to ensure visual appeal of property and maintain hazard-free conditions.
• Communicates with supervisor and/or property owners regarding the overall function of the property.
• Ensures excellent customer service to prospective and current tenants, and promotes a quality living experience for all residents.
• Responsible for reporting general liability claims, workers compensation claims, and property loss claims timely and accurately.
• Responsible for shopping competitive properties.
• Inspects buildings and grounds to ensure safety and cleanliness, and alerts Maintenance to items that need to be repaired.
• Prepares and practices emergency plan, including evacuation, earthquake or inclement weather drills, and determines where people will go in the event of an emergency or disaster.
• Promote and participate in Company-sponsored training programs and ensure subordinate associates participate in all training classes within required time frame.
• Participates in Company-provided training such as fair housing, safety, non-discrimination, and harassment prevention.
• Complies with all Company National Standards, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws.
• Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate in English.
• Ability to use a personal computer and has working knowledge of email, Microsoft Word and Excel, and Yardi or other on-site accounting software.
• Ability to use general office equipment, such as telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, 10-key, and key track system.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to relate to others.
• Professional verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational and time-management skills.
• Ability to perform basic to intermediate mathematical and accounting functions.
• Ability to read and comprehend financial statements, such as profit and loss statements, general ledgers, budgets, etc.
• Comprehension of federal fair housing laws and any applicable local housing provisions.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Ability to make quick and effective decisions.
• Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
• Ability to cope with and defuse situations involving angry or difficult people.
• Ability to close a sale.
• Ability to negotiate, influence and gain consensus.
• Ability to successfully delegate.
• Ability to manage a team.
• Ability to conduct interviews.
• Ability to train.
• Ability to set and meet goals.
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
• Ability to maintain flexibility and creativity in a variety of situations.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to drive an automobile.
• Must maintain professional appearance and comply with prescribed uniform policy.
• Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis.
• Ability to work weekends and non-traditional holidays.
• Must be reachable at all times via phone or pager, except during approved time off.
• Must be available to work on-call or when needed due to staffing shortages.
• Some travel may be required.
• Current driver license and proof of automobile insurance.
• Real estate license (if required by state).
• Other licenses and/or certifications as required by state law.
• 3 years property management experience is preferred (can include combination of leasing, assistant manager, and/or property manager experience.)
If you're interested in being considered for this position, please email us your resume, apply on our website, and/or come in to our office for an interview at 8625 SW Cascade Ave #101 in Beaverton, Oregon.
If this position isn't the right fit for you, but you are looking for a new position, contact us for a confidential discussion on your career options.
If you are no longer looking for work or you are not interested in any of the open roles, please feel free to forward on to anyone you know who might be interested.
Staffing Partners LLC | Staffing and recruiting
503 644 1945 Business
503 644 1475 Fax
Beaverton | Portland | Eugene | Bend