Inside Sales/ Tender Specialist (NW PDX)
Global Manufacturing company seeking an Inside Sales/ Tender Specialist for their NW Portland branch. This is a full time position paying $20/Hr. and the ideal candidate will be organized, work well under pressure, and have sales experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
The Inside Sales/ Tender Specialist ensures customers receive the best service possible through effective communication during generation of tenders, and order management. Coordination of involved departments to deliver quality products in compliance with customer specifications, and department / company policies and procedures. Assures all tenders and orders are processed in accordance with the financial objectives set by the department manager. Accomplishes department and organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, acting as inside sales by exploring opportunities for new business. Work under supervision /guidance of the Senior Tendering Specialist in regard to decision making, as authorized by department policy.
• Create tender/quote based on customer inquiry
• Follow up on all open tenders until closure
• Use techniques to induce the customer to purchase additional quantities
• Work with accounting to determine payment method
• Update ERP system
• Ensure Manager, Agents, and Offices are updated on future bookings and open quote status
• Advise management of order status, changes, clarifications, and approvals
• Process and manage parts orders
• Coordinate customer visits
• Act as customer liaison for all activities
• General office duties as needed
• 1+ years' experience in Outside and/or inside Sales
• Ability to read/interpret engineering drawings, sectional drawings, engineered bill of materials
• Ability to work well with internal and external customers
• Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Experience with engineered products and quality principles
• Knowledge of pump manufacturing
• Proficiency with Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word and all aspects
• Proficient knowledge of Nuclear, Commercial, or Export markets
• Experience in a manufacturing environment
• Knowledge of ISO 9001, and SAP
If you're interested in being considered for this position, please email us your resume, apply on our website, and/or come in to our office for an interview at 8625 SW Cascade Ave #101 in Beaverton, Oregon.
If this position isn't the right fit for you, but you are looking for a new position, contact us for a confidential discussion on your career options.
Staffing Partners LLC | Staffing and recruiting
503 644 1945 Business
503 644 1475 Fax
Beaverton | Portland | Eugene | Bend